Chicken is one of the most common poultry products consumed in any household. You can prepare this in a free way by using a crockpot. The moist interior of this slow cooker helps the meat to cook properly and preserves all its tasty flavours. Crockpot is a good tool when you’re trying to prepare a nice meal for your mates. You should start your chicken crockpot recipe overnight or early in the morning as it takes a long time (between 6 and 10 hours) and produce.
However, if you want to cook the ideal crockpot sauce, you need to bear in mind a few strategies and tips that are really useful. Each appliance has its own feature, and you need to consider it before you use it. This will make your meals turn out to be just as you expected. So, let ‘s talk about these tricks for cooking the perfect chicken crockpot.
Next, do not prepare skinless pieces of chicken in the crockpot. The skin can help to hold the heat and moisture inside the chicken as it is fried. If the skin is removed, the chicken may become dry and rough. Second, leave the ingredients to boil in the pot for the appropriate period of time. Taking the roof off again and again during the process can allow heat and moisture to escape. This sets the cooking time down to around 20-30 minutes. Also, because the crockpot requires a low setting to cook, the lack of heat may affect the cooker.
The temperature at which you hold the dish is of the utmost importance. The setting of the low temperature ranges around 170 to 200 degrees F and the setting of the high temperature ranges from about 300 degrees F. Whenever you cook a crockpot chicken, make sure that the heating level is at least 170 degrees, as at this stage, any unhealthy bacteria in the meat will be destroyed and the dish will be clean for you to consume.
It is best to use parts of the leg and thigh to prepare a chicken crockpot recipe. This portions are inexpensive and very light on some fat. It’s better to serve as fat produces an uncomfortable feeling in the whole matter. You need to understand the importance of layering, too. The layering in the crockpot recipe is the process in which the ingredients are added to the pot. Since the vegetables are longer to cook than the chicken, they should be added first. This is to ensure that the vegetables are fully immersed in the oil, which in turn allows them to cook faster. So, when you make a French chicken stew, first add the vegetables and then the bits of beef.
If you follow all of the tips above when preparing your chicken crockpot dinner, you’ll certainly have a finger licking audience for the same. These meals are very healthy for your diet and can be combined with a variety of side dishes such as fried fish or grilled prawns, etc. If you want to do this for dinner, then add a course of rice with some starters and sugar-free dessert (in case anyone in your family has diabetes) to have a full menu!
Crockpot Chicken and Rice with Canned Soup
CREOLE CHICKEN WITH RICE (SLOW COOKER)
This slow cooking recipe is packed with chicken, vegetables and rice. If you brown the chicken and sauté the vegetables the night before, you can make this recipe easily on a weekday morning. Dinner is going to be ready when you return to bed!
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick coated skillet over medium-high pressure. Cook the chicken in the skillet on both sides. Shift to the bottom of the slow cooker, leaving the cooking oil in the pan.
2. Apply the green pepper, celery, cabbage, carrots and garlic to the skillet and sauté over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Puree the tomatoes. Mix the purée of tomatoes with brown sugar, garlic, black pepper, thyme, paprika, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and tapioca. Drop the paste over the chicken. During cooking, tapioca will thicken the sauce.
3. Cook over low heat for 6 to 8 hours until the vegetables are tender, the sauce is thick and the chicken is baked at least 74 ° C (165 ° F) (the cooking period can be longer or shorter depending on the strength of the slow cooker).
4. Cook rice in salted water according to instructions.
5. Take the bits of chicken from the slow cooker. Add the rice to the sauce and whisk. Place the chicken breasts on the rice mixture and garnish with fresh parsley.
6 bones-in part of the skinless chicken breast
15 ml (1 tablespoon) Canola oil
250 ml (1 cup) of green bell pepper, diced
250 ml (1 cup) of onion, diced
250 ml (1 cup) of celery, diced
250 ml (1 cup) of carrot, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can (798 mL) of dried diced tomatoes
30 ml (2 tablespoons) Brown sugar
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground black pepper
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) of thyme
5 ml (1 teaspoon) of seasoning
1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) of spicy pepper sauce
15 ml (1 tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
60 ml (1/4 cup) of tapioca starch
500 ml (2 cups) of long brown rice
1/2 cup (125 ml) of fresh parsley, minced
Chicken with rice- Slow cooker chicken burrito bowl
The burrito is a typical preparation of Tex-Mex cuisine, and is basically a “piadina” with a filling based on meat, legumes and vegetables, obviously hot and spicy! The burrito-bowl, is nothing more than the filling of the burrito, served in a bowl, as a soup, rather than in a wrap. Mexicans and Texans who will pass through here will forgive me if this recipe itself would not define it as “tex-mex” but, I had no other way of translating the title of the recipe into Italian in an understandable and incisive way!
In any case, this is a recipe that, with a few small adjustments and adaptations, I have already replicated several times, above all because the free-range cockerels, beautiful tough, that my father brings me from our beautiful countryside, require a long cooking or in the pan. pressure (which I don’t have), and browsing the various Pins on Pinterest, this was certainly one of the most easily replicable, adaptable to our taste and not excessively loaded with cream, cheese and company.
For me it is an excellent single dish, rightly spiced and tasty. If you have a slow-cooker (or other food processor on which you can set times and temperatures) try it and tell me what you think! It is also excellent for recycling any leftovers or various jars of expiring legumes.
Ingredients for 4 servings
a skinless, boneless (free-range) chicken breast
a small can of peeled tomatoes
broth to taste
200g brown rice
1 jar of beans (borlotti, cannellini beans, as you prefer)
1 jar of natural corn (I sometimes replace it with peas)
salt and pepper
cumin (I didn’t put it)
chives, basil or parsley
Place the chopped chicken breast, the peeled tomatoes, the finely chopped onion, the chilli and broth in the slow cooker (or in a saucepan on the smallest stove, at minimum) enough to coat the chicken.
Cook at 95 ° C for 2 to 3 hours. It must not boil. The chicken will become very tender (if you don’t use free-range chicken, you can cook even for a shorter time).
After the cooking time of the chicken, add the legumes and rice (or a mix of legumes and dry cereals), if you need to add more hot broth. Cook for another 30/40 min., Always at low temperature (95 ° C) or in any case the time necessary for the rice and any dried legumes to be well cooked.
In the last minutes of cooking, season with salt, add the oil and aromatic herbs to taste. If it is necessary to raise the cooking temperature to reduce the broth until the desired “broth” is obtained.
Leave to rest for about ten minutes before serving.
Given the very long cooking times, it is a recipe that can be prepared in the afternoon for the evening, or put to cook in the morning while you are at work. The advantage of using the slow cooker instead of the stove lies in the fact that you can safely “forget” about the pot and even leave the house! I bought the slow cooker after my daughter was born, and it was also very useful for preparing food while I was at home to breastfeed and not always free to get up at my leisure to check pots, fires, etc. All the ingredients are added, the timer is set and… bye!
Method 2: Chicken with rice in a slow cooker
Rice is considered to be one of the best side dishes for chicken. This combination is very harmonious, chicken and rice perfectly complement each other both in taste and composition. And if you cook them together, then the rice is saturated with chicken juice and fat and thanks to this it becomes especially aromatic and tender. Chicken with rice in a slow cooker is a delicious and healthy two-in-one dish that combines the second and the side dish.
Many different flavors of this dish can be given with the help of spices and seasonings with which we rub the chicken and which are then absorbed into the rice during cooking. There are many different spices suitable for chicken, they can be tried both individually and in combination with each other. You can also buy special seasonings for chicken, which are sold in abundance in stores. Do not be afraid to experiment, focusing primarily, of course, on your own taste.
Rice with chicken in a slow cooker, when cooked according to this recipe, turns out to be soft and tender. Try it, you won’t regret it! And please tell us in the comments how you did it!
The recipe for chicken with rice in a slow cooker.
What you need to cook rice with chicken in a slow cooker:
whole chicken or parts thereof, I had 2 chicken legs
1-2 multi cups rice
2-4 multi glasses of water
salt, spices (black pepper, ground garlic, turmeric, etc.)
How to cook rice with chicken in a slow cooker:
We wash the chicken or legs, rub with salt, mustard and spices.
We spread the chicken legs in a slow cooker, where we have previously poured vegetable oil.
Fry on one side for 15-20 minutes in baking mode.
Turn the chicken over. Fill in the rice, add a little salt and spices and pour in water.
Cooking in “pilaf” mode until the signal. The dish will cook for about an hour, depending on the amount of liquid released. Sometimes I do not wait for the signal and turn it off a little earlier, especially with round grain, it cooks faster.
Rice with chicken in a slow cooker is ready!
You can treat yourself to a delicious lunch. Enjoy your meal!
If you want to cook a less high-calorie dish, then take breast or fillet instead of chicken legs.
Rice with vegetables and chicken in a slow cooker
In summer, when there is such an abundance of young vegetables, you should try to add them even to your usual dishes. Therefore, instead of the usual pilaf, I cook this option with chicken, pepper and green beans. And surprisingly, the child eats it with greater pleasure than pilaf.
Total cooking time – 1 hour 10 minutes
Active cooking time – 0 hours 20 minutes
Cost – Average Cost
Calorie content per 100 g – 89 kcal
Servings Per Container – 5 Servings
How to cook rice with vegetables and chicken
Rice – 250 g dry
Chicken thigh – 500 g without skin and bone
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
Bulb onions – 1 pc.
Carrots – 1 pc.
Sweet red pepper – 2 pcs.
Green beans – 250 g
Parsley – 1 handful (s)
Spices – taste
Salt – taste
Tomato paste – 1.5 tsp
1. For cooking rice with vegetables and chicken, it is advisable to prepare all the ingredients in advance. Finely chop the onion. Peel the carrots and grate them on a cohttps://ohsweetbasil.com/crockpot-chicken/arse grater. In a multicooker bowl on the “Fry” mode, heat the vegetable oil, add the onions and carrots and cook until the vegetables are tender.
2. Cut chicken thighs without skin and bones into small pieces. This part of the chicken is more juicy than the breast and is therefore more suitable for such dishes. Add to carrots and onions and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Wash the green beans, cut the tails and cut into small pieces 1.5-2 cm long. In off-season, frozen green beans can be used.
4. Peel and chop the red bell pepper. Add to the multicooker bowl with vegetables and chicken.
5. Mix well. Season with salt and spices to taste. I use dry adjika and garlic.
6. Add rice (I use long grain). Dissolve tomato paste in water. Fill with water so that it covers the rice on a finger. To make the process go faster and so that the bowl does not experience a temperature drop, it is better to pour hot water into the bowl. Switch on the Pilaf program and cook for 30 minutes. You need to take into account one point, if you like rice more dry and crumbly, then the liquid should barely cover the rice. My child likes it when such rice looks more like porridge, so I add water about 2 fingers and cook for the last 5-7 minutes with the lid open.
7. At the end of cooking, add chopped parsley, stir and cook for a few more minutes.
8. Serve rice with vegetables and chicken immediately after cooking.